Some people think that cooking is rocket science. I beg to differ. It is possible to simulate cooking in the comfort of your home, now. Galouti Kebab is the perfect dish for your evening tea or even as a part of your main meal.
This blog will show you how to make Goulati Kebab, one of the most popular dishes of Lucknow.
- 500 gram mutton minced
- 3 tsp Raw Papaya paste
- 2 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 tablespoon Coriander powder
- Garam masala powder 1 tsp
- 1 Onion chopped
- 2 tsp Ginger Garlic paste
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper powder
- 2 tbsp Gram flour
- Mint leaves- a handful
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp ghee
- Oil to shallow fry
- Take a bowl and add the minced mutton to it, add lemon juice, papaya paste, ghee and salt. Give it a mix and let it rest for 10 minutes. In the meantime, take a blender. Add chopped onions, ginger-garlic paste, gram four, mint leaves, cumin powder, coriander powder, black pepper powder and garam masala. Blend it into a smooth paste. Add this paste to the minced mutton and mix it well. Cover the mutton with a lid and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Take the bowl from the refrigerator. Place the minced meat on a clean surface and knead it slowly. Once the mixture is soft. Shape it into round patties.
- Take a pan and glaze it with oil. Add the patties in the pan and shallow fry each side on low flame for 10 minutes. Serve hot with chutney.
Secret Tip: To make your kebab more aromatic add a little rose water kewara during marination.